Monday, November 1, 2010

Wk12_English Renaissance 1

                                                          

Music in the English Renaissance. They had different types of music ill give a few types. The first type I choose was church music. I chose this because back then church was a big thing people had different religions. Like they said “The style of renaissance church music is described as choral polyphony meaning more than one part. “ I think that’s pretty cool they had more than one part it makes it more interesting. My next type is Madrigals I chose this one because they are the best of the best I learned that they can sing any note nothing is impossible for them they have the highest pitches and good vocals’ next topic is instrumental i didn’t know that way back then they had instruments its pretty cool to know that the world hasn’t changed but its been improved a little. I also learned that music was more important   than the instruments they were just used mostly for dancing.Whats cool is that they had Lute, Viol ,Crumhorn, Racket, Sackbut, Trumpet. What caught my eye was the triumph were still use that in everyday’s bands that’s one thing that will always be in the future. My last type will be the keyboard. The popular instrument was the virginal. It was famous because it contained over 300 pices.Alot of their music was programmic.Through all this I learned that things in the past will always be in the future just because their very old dosent mean that we the people still don’t use them.


No comments:

Post a Comment